Tuesday, February 9, 2010

34/365 - Home Bound

We had another housebound day today here - six additional inches of snow fell during the day today with another four forecasted for overnight & through tomorrow! Because Los didn't have class today, I had the opportunity to really enjoy the snowstorm by getting out and taking photos. I think this was the first time I've really experienced the true quiet of a snow storm - the quiet that comes before everyone is out shoveling driveways and before children are screaming and throwing snowballs. Before now I was always one of the people either rushing out to get to work or one of the children sleeping in and enjoying the snow day! Snow seems to put a damper on every sound and creates a beautiful canvas against which to photograph bare trees. Now if only the snow wouldn't risk damage to my camera!!!

Here are just a few images from today. More will follow later in the week when I have a chance to edit them all!

34/365

34b/365

One final comment on this last series of photos: After our last snow storm a few weeks ago, some neighbors built a larger than life Snowman, complete with arms made of ducting & a finished with a top hat, placed prominently on the edge of the main road into our housing development. In the Snowman's hand was this American Flag. For the past 2 weeks as the snow has been melting, the flag kept being stuck back into what was left of the snowman, until all that was left was one small block of snow. I wish I had photographed the Snowman, but I'm hopeful those same neighbors might feel inspired to recreate what they did before. After-all, the flag is still flying there!

American Flag

No comments:

Post a Comment