Sunday, January 9, 2011

{52 Weeks} - A New Project {Week 1}

Because my 365 project has me picking up my camera again, I thought I should challenge myself farther. I'm now also embarking on a 52 week project: My goal is to take 1 photo each week of something other than my children that I find beautiful in my everyday surroundings. I want to push myself to really see what's around me and to try to capture that with my camera. As an added caveat, I'm going to avoid using my "go to" lenses that I use for photographing people and instead use my macro, wide angle or prime lenses to push me outside my comfort zone.

Here is Week 1: Although some might look at this leaf on the rubberized ground of the playground as "just another dead leaf", the delicate lines in it caught my eye. The "C" shape that the spine of the leaf was creating seemed to be under a spotlight of the sun and at the moment I could see why children can spend hours searching leaves to find "just the right one."
Leaf in Winter

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I think you should publish a book at the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete