Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 14 - A Walk to Town

Today the girls & I headed into town since the weather seemed to be holding back the rain. We had a few errands to run but after we took care of those, we made a stop at the river to see the swans & the ducks! Photographing an almost 2 year old who seems intent on joining the swans in the river is no easy feat when you don't have another person with you to grab her when she starts climbing on the ledge. It didn't help matters that I was a bit more nervous about the water than I normally am, as the current seemed very fast & the water level was probably about 2 feet higher than it usually is (which also meant the swans were 2 feet closer!).

jan 14 web

jan 14b web

jan 14c web

2 comments:

  1. Angelina, look out, here comes Annabella! I am looking forward to watching some of her classes.
    I am shocked at how high the river is compared to the arches in the bridge. I wonder if that is normal for this time of year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you did it! I was nervous with Maddy getting close to the edge and we had three adults ready to grab. I could barely take pictures myself trying to watch out of the corner of my eye. On a side note, those pink coats really work to stand out with a grey English day!

    ReplyDelete